Monday, July 12, 2010

Resurrection Bay/Seward, AK

We traveled down to Seward on Sunday, about a 2 1/2 hour drive from us, and went on a dinner cruise. We crusied on Resurrection Bay to Fox Island for dinner and saw the wildlife along the way. We were quite fortunate to see so much on the 3 hours tour. The weather was perfect and we saw Bald Eagles, Orca whales!!, & I saw a Puffin but didn't get a picture of him. This was a big deal to see the whales because people don't always get to. Even the crew and captain of our boat were freaking out because when we docked for the dinner the whales swam inland to our boat and under the dock, it was soooooo cool. I was in shock and didn't get a picture of it but I was standing on the dock and three were all in a line swimming straight at us.



On the boat ready to go!
And going...




Chris spotted this Eagle far off and then it flew right above our heads! I was just watching it and then was like, Oh I should take a picture! They said there are a pair of Eagles for every mile(?) I think of shore line in the bay. We saw another eagle in the nest on shore and I suppose this one was out getting their food.


The Whales!




Skipping rocks after supper.

What is sightseeing without buying a little something at the gift shops? Of course, for Roman lol One from Memaw Popham and one from his mommy :)

1 comment:

HeltonTexas said...

I love the eagles & whales but I really LOVE those onesies!!! Duck duck moose!!!